Identify opportunities for change
Quantify market oppportunities, develop user insights, understand system challenges, quantify potential benefits
- Explore opportunities for growth and differentiation in the market
- Pin-point pain points and loyalty drivers across users' journeys
- Uncover opportunities to align more closely with your clients' values and practices
User Experience Researcher | Facilitator
- Lead people through discovery cycle
- Introduce Human-Centred Research & Design principles
- Help decision-makes define question, hypothesis and key success metrics
Gather internal intelligence
Observe and/or interview front-line staff and their interactions with customers.
- What are the triggers?
- How do they perceive users?
- How much do they know about users and how curious are they to learn more?
- How do they measure and evaluate success? Do they prioritise business goals or users' experiences?
Clearly define what you want to learn
- Start with broad open questions
- Identify growth opportunities?
- Uncover market driven anxieties?
Focus on who you want to learn about
- Current users?
- Target users?
- Adjacent users?
Design and execute experience research and where possible have a blended approach
Produce artefacts that bring user stories to life
- Produce materials and stories that will help stakeholders emotionally engage with the people they are serving: show them in their world, illustrating how they use products and services.
To learn more see the video explainer on how to develop insights for action on the blog page.
- Interview audios, videos and scripts
- User profiles and empathy maps
- User needs and stories; including what needs are met, partially met or not met with market solutions
- User journey maps - as-is with high impact/decision-points (moments of truth) and pain points uncovered
- System (relational) maps, where there is trust and mis-alignment of values
- Deeper understanding of users and the problems they are trying to solve
- Data-driven opportunities for innovation and change