Prioritise goals against your customers' values
Deep customer insights make opportunities more transparent. The next step is to decide on priorities and align stakeholders with a common vision.
Raise awareness and facilitate conversations to arrive at key investment decisions. Prioritise areas for further testing and learning; in short, where do leaders want to place their bets for the future?
Share findings - raise awareness about the challenges and opportunities.
- Leadership / organisation-wide read-outs
- Summary reports / visuals / story-boards to re-frame / bring story alive
Facilitate group discussions / series of workshops and explore the implications for the business:
- Where are the quick wins? (low cost, speed of execution)
- Where are there significant revenue gains to be made?
- What are the implications for the business? What investment / level of change is required?
- What are the risks? And what is the risk appetite?
Diagnose operational capability
- What talents can you exploit?
- Where are the gaps?
- Who (or what department/region?) is (most) ready for change?
- Explore and define what interventions may support change?
Define success metrics
- What (What? How many?) results do you need to find from user testing to validate the problem?
- What results do you need to find to validate the proposed solution-fit?
- Organisational capability assessment and informed impact vs complexity charts (support this with internal diagnosis where appropriate)
- Quick wins and action plans to deliver
- Quantified priorities - short, medium and longer terms
- Hypothesis for further testing
- Insights to inform early entry concept design
- Shared understanding into how the organisational purpose needs to change re-align with client values and practices
- A shared understanding across stakeholders of the challenges ahead to achieve the business goals
- Quantified priorities supported by new or re-aligned metrics - quick wins and longer-term goals.
- Working hypothesises or low-fidelity concepts - a basis to begin developing an early entry prototype