Grow empathy and curiousity for users
There is a direct correlation between strong team alignment with users' values and behaviours and their ability to successfully solve their problems. Engaging teams with real people, characters that foster curiousity is key.
Story Teller | Facilitator
Help leaders and their teams understand what really matters to people so they can align their purpose around client values and practices and deliver services for positive change:
- Introduce characters that stakeholders can relate to
- Share stories that help stakeholders emotionally engage; tell stories from the users perspective, using their tone and narrative
- Illustrate journeys that show what users are thinking and feelings so you get a deeper understanding of what's driving their behaviours
Help stakeholders re-frame the problem
- Stay focused on the user problem; it's critical to define the problem from the user perspective as it's likely to be different to a business or internal perspective.
Internal teams are often more aware of the business goals, cost constraints or technical constraints they need to work around. These factors are an important parts of critical decision-making. Enhanced empathy should lead to better decision-making because it illuminates the consequences, intended or unintended, of delivery on users.
- Deeper understanding of users and the problems they are trying to solve
- Better alignment of goals to client values
- Enhanced curiosity and appetite to learn
- Insights to inform change/readiness plans based on stakeholder response and engagement